Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday Edibles - Deviled Eggs

I love deviled eggs, but made them for the first time only recently.  They are so easy to make - I don't know why I waited so long!

Ingredients
6 hard boiled eggs, as many as desired
1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise 
Yellow mustard to taste
Cooked bacon strips, cut into small bits (1strip is sufficient for six eggs) and split the bits in half
Sweet relish to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Paprika for garnishing (optional)

Preparation
1.  Cut eggs in half lengthwise.  Remove yolks and place them in a bowl.  Set the whites aside.


2.  Combine the mayonnaise and yolks in a bowl and mash them together until they reach a smooth consistency.

3.  Add a small amount of yellow mustard to the yolks and mix well.  You don't need a lot of mustard.  Start by adding a little bit, and add more to taste if needed.  I used about a third of a tea spoon for six eggs.

4.  Add a small amount of sweet relish, salt, pepper and half of the bacon bits to the yolks and mustard.  Mix well.

5.  Fill the halved egg whites with the yolk mixture.  An easy way to do it is to place the yolk mixture into a small Ziploc bag, cut a corner and squeeze the mixture into each halved egg white.

6.  Sprinkle with remaining bacon bits and paprika.  Refrigerate before serving.

3 comments:

  1. This is definately something new to me. Is it a local delight?

    Thank you for checking on me. Yes, I'm sure as a big bubble tea fan like me, you'll surely fall in love with the superb bubble tea in Japan!

    It's great to be back reading your post again.. feels like I've never been away. :) Have a FUNtastic weekend my dear friend!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love deviled eggs too! You made them beautiful and it's your first time, bet they tasted so good.

    ReplyDelete