Monday, January 10, 2011

You've Got Mail!

Recently I went through my Inbox and realized that I get SO many automated messages I don't even read.  Here are the top e-mails that meet their unfortunate fate of going from my Inbox to Trash unopened:
  • US Airways e-Savers, AA Net Saaver Fares, and so on: I don't even fly that much anymore, and if I do, it's never last-minute.  When Husband was just Boyfriend and was all over the country while in the military, we would travel to see each other often.  That's when we took advantage of these deals.  But that was five years ago.  These days I will occasionally look through an e-saver just to see where the flights are going, decide that they are going to uber-boring and unexciting places, and be done with them.  Most of the time, I just delete them without reading.
  • Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor LOFT e-mails:  There was a time when 90+% of my work clothes came from Ann Taylor and LOFT.  This time was six+ years ago.  I can't even remember the last time I looked at one of these e-mails. 
  • Amazon.com: I still shop with Amazon.  In fact, last time I was buying something from there, I noticed that over time they have shipped my packages to eight addresses.  How often do I read e-mails Amazon sends? Never not once.  I can't even tell you what is in them.
 I think it's time I unsubscribed, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem! Actually I just started unsubscribing to many of them. It was getting so irritating.

    As far as Amazon goes, their marketing scheme always amazes me. Before the holidays I was browsing on their site for a particular item. The next day, they sent me an email about THAT item. I wish we had that ability with Etsy!

    ReplyDelete