Thursday, July 11, 2013

Brooklyn Bridge and 9/11 Memorial

We recently walked the Brooklyn Bridge!  It was one of those things I always wanted to do, and we finally did it!  If you're interested and are wondering how long it takes, the walk isn't that long - about 20 minutes there and another 20 minutes back.  After all that walking, we enjoyed a waffle with Nutella and strawberries from Wafels and Dinges truck parked at the foot of the bridge.  Delicious!  Here are the views  - I took these shots with my "new" lens, which I am loving!  ("New" is over a year old but I haven't been using it much.)



We also visited the 9/11 Memorial to pay a tribute to those who were killed in the attacks.  The Freedom tower is nearly finished, as you can see from the photos.  If you are thinking of visiting, I highly recommend reserving free passes online ahead of time (a small processing fee applies - I believe it was $2 a ticket).  The line is much shorter for reserved pass holders.




No comments:

Post a Comment